Are you an existing member looking to simply renew your membership? Click here
Not a member, but considering becoming one? Membership in TNCO will buy your agency a multitude of benefits that will assist your agency as you navigate through Tennessee’s intellectual and developmental disabilities (DIDD) service system. Listed below are just a few of these benefits:
- Professional staff
- Legal and Legislative representation
- Interactive Website access
- E-communications (i.e. TNCO-Talk@tnco.org)
- Active and effective committees
TNCO continues to be an excellent resource for provider agencies during ongoing changes to the processes, rules and regulations. We continue to work each day on your behalf and want to be able to continue this level of support to all providers. In comparison to many other statewide trade-associations, TNCO continues to be lower than most in its annual membership dues.
- TNCO is a nonprofit 501(C)(6) trade association. Dues, contributions and other assessments paid to this association are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments of membership dues are deductible for some members of a trade association under Section 1662 of the Internal Revenue Code as an ordinary and necessary business expense. TNCO estimates that up to 17 percent (17%) of the fiscal year 2017-18 budget will be designated for “lobbying” activities. Under federal legislation, businesses may not take tax deductions for business expenses that pertain to lobbying. Therefore, for fiscal year 2017-18, 83 percent (83%) of your dues payment may qualify for tax deduction as a business expense.
- TNCO uses email as the principal means of communicating with its members informing you of association activities and important legislative and regulatory happenings and issues, sharing opportunities for professional and organizational development, giving you updates on a variety of subjects across the spectrum of our members’ interests. By providing the fax numbers and any email associated with your organization, you hereby consent for your organization to receive any fax and email communications sent by or on behalf of the Tennessee Community Organizations (TNCO).