Autism Breakthrough Knoxville
Founded by parents of children with autism, Breakthrough is a nonprofit agency with a mission of excellence in supporting adults with autism in east Tennessee. We provide residential services, in-home support, personal assistance, day services, recreation and social programs, community-based activities, and Employment and Community First services. Please visit our website for more information at www.breakthroughknoxville.com.
As the Executive Director you will work jointly with the Board of Directors and the management team to set strategic direction, implement and provide oversight of all management functions (e.g., business plan, property management, fiscal oversight, development/fundraising, grants), and lead a highly effective, mission driven, service-oriented employee work force. You will provide an environment for those served and employees which meets or exceeds state and federal standards for those with developmental and intellectual disabilities while upholding the corporate mission and values.
The leader we seek will bring to our team a strong history of working in the nonprofit sector, holding progressively more responsible leadership positions. Desirable attributes include a sound knowledge of developmental and intellectual disabilities, managed care, Medicaid and TennCare. This visionary leader will have the skills needed to effectively balance day to day operational needs while remaining focused on leading change and growth for Breakthrough.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, management, social services or related field
- Five or more years of nonprofit management experience with increasing responsibility, including the supervision of management-level personnel
- A generalist background with broad knowledge of nonprofit organizational planning and administration, including finance, personnel, operations, and development
Additional preferred attributes include:
- Experience working with individuals with autism or other developmental and intellectual disabilities, their families, conservators, and other stakeholders
- A sound knowledge of managed care, Medicaid and TennCare
- Experience working within a Board of Directors governance structure
Salary range: $75,000 – $80,000, commensurate with experience and education
To be considered for the position, please submit the following:
- A one-page cover letter that: a) highlights your key qualifications for the position and b) explains your interest in the position
- Resume detailing all previous work experience and education background
- Three current or previous non-family work-related references including name, name of business, phone, email, and address
- Three personal references including name, relationship, phone, email, and address
Review of applicants will begin in early June and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please send submissions to:
Click here to download the details as word document.